Thursday, October 8, 2009

Granna's Letter to Sarah Beth

5-12-03

I just talked to you on the telephone this morning and you said "Mommy planted flowers and I helped and I dig worms." I asked "Are you afraid of worms?" You said emphatically "No, I like worms." Your mommy said you had the worms in a cup outside yesterday and when she asked you where they were you said: "I show you." You took her inside and showed her that you had put them in her purse. She said there were probably 25. You love animals and creatures of all kinds and you are certainly not afraid of them.

I was not working today and hadn't planned to see you; but after hearing your sweet voice I changed my plans and headed to Nashville for some Sarah Beth and Emily time. I received lots of hugs and kisses and thank yous for the Dorothy dolls with red slippers that I surprised you with.

You want to be Dorothy for halloween and you told your parents that you want a Toto. I promised I'd make you a Dorothy dress. I will keep that promise for keeping promises is very important. I promise to love you forever! That will certainly not be a hard promise to keep

Love,
Granna

1 comment:

  1. You have taught and are teaching these precious girls so many wonderful lessons, just in the way you interact with them so naturally. No wonder Jeanne wanted to be a Granna, too :) She's a wonderful Dani, and I'm thankful she has other beautiful Granna's to encourage and be encouraged by!

    ReplyDelete