Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 23, 1999

Dear Madeline

Your mother called us early this morning to say she was bringing you and coming for the day and overnight. It’s your second over-night visit with us. We were so excited to get to be with you once again.

Your grandpa injured his back this weekend working at the lake; so I had to work and he got to spend the day with you. He loved it; for it was his best visit yet with you. You smiled and babbled endlessly. You even laughed out loud. He captured some precious moments on video. Your grandpa bought the video camera especially to film you and your cousin Sarah Beth who isn’t born yet. He actually promised a video camera to the first family to give him a grandchild. Well, he bought three cameras even though your family was the official winner.

At noon grandpa had to go to the Dr. so your mother brought you to town and we ate lunch at Mariahs. You slept right through it while we enjoyed our meal. You and your mother then returned to 1419 Eastland to spend the afternoon with grandpa and great grandmother Emily while I finished the day at work. I would have rather been with you. 

When I returned home I read to you from a book I had bought to read to my granddaughters “What’s In the Deep Blue Sea.” You stared at the book in wonder as I read. We filmed that also. Grandpa and I think you are very intelligent. We know you will love books!

We enjoyed every minute of your visit and look forward to many in the future. After you left we missed you immediately. Tonight we’ll watch the video of you filmed yesterday.
Madeline we love so much! 

Granna

No comments:

Post a Comment