Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 2, 1999

Dear Madeline,

Tomorrow you are two months old. You have brought me so much joy in two short months! It is 75 miles from my house to yours, and when I’m traveling to see you it seems I’ll never get there. The trip home seems shorter as I relive the visit in my mind and think of all the future holds in store watching you grow into a young lady. Though I am in no hurry.

Today I brought your great grandmother Emily with me to visit you. We came so your mother could finish writing all of her thank-you notes. I believe you received more gifts than any baby ever welcomed into this world. Our real reason for coming was to enjoy some Madeline time; and helping with you is certainly a joyous job.

Though I was just with you four days ago I believe you had changed more than between any other visits. You were so content, alert and observing. You smiled and babbled. You stood on your feet when being held. You laid on your dressing table for one hour and watched your red and black clown mobile. I spent seven hours with you and you only cried once. It was time for a feeding. You didn’t warm up; you immediately went into high gear. No one but mama will do when it’s time to eat!

You own a large part of my heart dear little one and I have gladly given it to you.

Love, 
Granna

No comments:

Post a Comment